Chakras are swirls of energy present in the body of every human being. They are the communication system of our personality.
They are represented in the Indo-Tibetan tradition by subdivided petals, with animals, deities, Sanskrit letters ... quite symbolic.
Universal energy receptors also known as "Prana", they are connected to the endocrine glands in our bodies, to our organs, and are to be demystified because they do exist.
Chakras, acting on all aspects of our aura, have several functions:
- The first is to bring to the conscious plane the specific qualities of each body
- The second is to absorb and distribute Prana in the etheric body and the physical body
They are in themselves a living organism of energy exchange.
Each living being has a dominant chakra, which represents its main area of consciousness.
Society tends towards a collective consciousness linked to heart chakra, towards benevolence, mutual aid, positive psychology.
The root chakra, Muladhara
It has 4 petals and its color is red. It is at the level of the perineum and it is through it that we are connected to the earth.
It develops from childhood, up to 7 years old. It is the seat of the will to live, the survival instinct, and the kundalini.
- Endocrine gland: Adrenal glands
- In case of blockages: Depressive tendency, lack of roots, flight from reality and insecurity.
- Related pains: Legs, small pelvis.
- Liberation from blockages: Connection to telluric energy and to the relationship with money.
- His stone: Red jasper and the black tourmaline
The sacred chakra, Svadhishthana
It has 6 petals and its color is orange.
It develops in adolescence up to 14 years of age. It represents sexual energy, magnetism, the reproductive instinct, sensuality and eroticism.
It is also the seat of aggression and impulses.
- Endocrine gland: Genitals
- In case of blockages: Sexual disorder, jealousy, hatred, possessiveness, aversion, nastiness.
- Related pains: Lower abdomen, lower back, monthly troubles.
- Liberation from blockages: Work on social identity, the relationship to money.
- His stone: Carnelian
The solar plexus chakra, Manipura
It has 10 petals and its color is yellow.
It develops until 21 years of age. It represents ego and Self-love. It is the seat of aspirations, desires, emotions but also of fear, of the instinct of possession.
- Endocrine gland: Pancreas
- In case of blockages: Lack of self-confidence, difficulty asserting oneself, fragile emotional.
- Related pains: Somatizations in the digestive and nervous systems. Pain in the back, liver, stomach, intestines.
- Liberation of blockages: Work on the management of the emotions, to cure the JE.
- His stone: Tiger eye, Citrine
The heart chakra, Anahata
It has 12 petals and its colors aregreen and pink.
It grows up 28 years. It represents Love, solar fire, life force.
It is the seat of personal balance, of relationships with others.
By connecting to it, we can enter into connection with our inner guide, the wisest version of ourselves.
- Endocrine gland: Thymus
- In case of blockages: Trouble with self-image, identity, sadness, lack of joie de vivre, bad mood, closure to others, isolation, bitterness, emotional insecurity.
- Related pains: Difficulty breathing, circulatory, back pain.
- Liberation from blockages: Work on the opening of the heart, group consciousness, intuition.
- His stone: Rose quartz
The laryngeal chakra, Visuddha
It has 16 petals and its color issky blue.
It represents communication, sound. It is the seat of creativity and expression.
- Endocrine gland: Thyroid
- In case of blockages: Communication disorders, creativity blocked.
- Related pains: Sore throat, cooling, neck pain.
- Liberation of blockages: Work on magnetic power, self-confidence.
- His stone:Blue chalcedony
The frontal chakra, Ajna
It has 2 petals, which actually correspond to 96 petals, 48 male and 48 female and its color is indigo. It is called 3rd eye.
It represents light, vision, intuition, integration.
- Endocrine gland: Pituitary gland
- In case of blockages: Lack of vision, lucidity, mental confusion, memory impairment, concentration, arrogance.
- Related pains: Headache, nervous fatigue, eye, ear, nose pain ...
- Liberation from blockages: Work on inner vision, mental clarity, intuition.
- His stone: Lapis Lazuli
The coronal chakra, Saharsara
It has 1000 petals and its colors are purple and white. It connects us to heaven, to the divine and is the expression of kundalini. It is the seat of self-realization, of will. It represents Enlightenment.
- Endocrine gland: Epiphysis, pineal gland.
- In the event of blockages: Closure of any metaphysical approach, difficulties in letting go, spiritual blockages.
- Related pains: Headache, significant nervous tension.
- Liberation of blockages: Work on distance, connection to the energy of the sky.
- His stone:Amethyst, rock crystal
The chakras must be balanced to function properly. There are several ways to harmonize them such as energy care, yoga, chromotherapy and lithotherapy, which consists in applying the different stones to the deficient and excess chakras.
Rebecca Ghelfenstein - Director of digital projects
Energy practitioner in the making